Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Marathon Training Week 1

Well when I signed up for my first marathon I knew the training would be starting soon, and now here we go! Week 1 went pretty well. I am following the Galloway training plan and doing intervals with my running, especially the longer distances. So I thought I'd give you guys an idea of how week 1 went down.....


  Monday - June 30th - Cross Training - I planked for 45 seconds, did 15 push ups, 25 leg lifts, 15 squats, and baked cupcakes (yes I count standing for an hour and running around my kitchen as cardio)
 Tuesday - July 1st - 31:46 run time - 13:46 avg pace - 2.3 mi distance - 91 degrees outside! It was HOT, I was not - ha ha ha
 Wednesday - July 2nd - Cross Training in the gym -
 20 min on stationary bike - 3.6 mi
20 min working arms & abs
25 min on treadmill - I went 20 min of straight running! Big accomplishment for me, even though it was just 5.0 mph setting I didn't stop to walk. 2 mi total
 Thursday - July 3rd - 29:43 run time - 12:52 avg pace - 2.3 mi distance - super humid outstide
Sunday - July 6th - 44:32 run time - 12:40 avg pace - 3.5 mi distance - ran with Shannan who always makes me faster. I need her to do a 5k with me so I can finish under 40 min. We ran along the water in downtown St. Pete. It started out nice but after about 20 min it got hot really quick, and of course it's humid in Florida.






We had a bunch of fun in Florida, it was 3 days filled with family, friends, and good times. Of course I baked while I was there and also got to visit the beach for a great sunset.








No comments:

Post a Comment