Monday, July 14, 2014

Marathon Training - Week 2

Well week 2 wasn't as productive as week 1 but still made progress. My brain has been on overload trying to adjust from the 4 days off and my week was all backwards. But excuses aside I still got a few short runs in.

My long run this weekend was supposed to be 4 miles, which brings me to the discussion of jogging strollers. Let me start by giving huge props to those that can speed right along pushing their kids as they run. You are much better than me.

Here lately my times have been improving, until I added the stroller into the mix. My average went up by 2:30 min. Addison did good for the first 2 miles and then she was done. I think I can maybe get her built up to 3 miles especially if I add music but we will have to work on it together. So my 4 mile run turned into 2.2.

Monday- flew home from Florida, guess I need to map out the walking distance in the airports
Tuesday 7/8 - 2.5 mi run - 11:56 avg pace - 29:52 total run time (personal best for outside 2 miles)
Wednesday - baked cupcakes for 2 hours
Thursday - swim lessons, forgot my workout clothes for afterward - epic fail
Friday 7/11 - 2.6 mi treadmill run - 11:55 avg pace - 31:00 total run time, followed by 30 min of weights and abs.
Saturday - I cleaned all day long, that counts for a few miles right?
Sunday 7/13 - 2.2 mi run pushing the jogging stroller - 14:31 avg pace - 32:33 total run time

Total mileage this week = 7.3 miles

My 6 year old spent the week in Florida. It was odd only having 1 child to worry about, and so much quieter around here. But he's back home now so we're back to the regular noise level again..... which means.... Mommy needs a run!

No comments:

Post a Comment