Saturday, April 5, 2014

Fairview Half Marathon - 4/5/14 Fairview Tx

Time for Half Marathon # 3 in 90 days... which qualifies me for the Half Fanatics running group. Mark that off the goal list. The Fairview Half was a local race that again my crazy awesome running friends were signed up for.





It was aforementioned to be a hilly course and boy they didn't lie. BUT with the help of my friend Rachel I finished in a new record time. Still way slower than most people but faster than I have been before. I have always been told to run your own race, don't rely on anyone else to run it for you. But it sure is better to have someone run it with you. Cassie and Jessica joined us and we stayed together as a group all the way up until about the last mile. There were two distinct points in the race when either Rachel or I were encouraging the other that we could do this. "Pull up your big girl panties and lets go!" was at least one phrase used. The hills were rough on our bodies.

I was really impressed by the amount of race support at this event, there were people all along the route cheering. It's so much nicer running a race with distractions. This race had beautiful houses, horses, lamas, cows, good water stations, gummy bears, and local folks cheering along the way. I certainly recommend this race to others.




No comments:

Post a Comment